Note: A late post... but it's still going up to promote Do LaB!
The Do LaB Presents Lucent L’Amour 2010 on Friday, February 13, 2010 at the Shrine Expo Hall! Do Lab is graciously offering a special student discount at www.lucentlamour.com/student. Tickets will only be $45! All week, KSCR will be playing tracks from the artists!
Some information regarding the event & Do Lab:
LOS ANGELES, CALIF. - The Do LaB brings its fantastical vision of Valentine’s Day to Los Angeles with the return of the fifth annual art and music festival, Lucent L’Amour 2010. Building on its growing popularity, this year’s festival is expanding to include both the indoor and outdoor areas of Shrine Expo Hall with over 5,000 expected attendees. The event will feature two stages of live music, top DJs, burlesque and vaudeville performances, as well as live art creations and installations.
Celebrated for their one-of-a-kind interactive art environments, The Do LaB has put its signature imaginative experience design stamp on festivals all over the world, including Coachella and Lightning in a Bottle. This year's expanded festival will include:
* Two Stages of Music featuring Bassnectar, N.A.S.A., Stanton Warriors, Yard Dogs Road Show, Beats Antique, Ana Sia, Lazer Sword, Lynx & Janover and Patricio
* Art Installations throughout the festival:
- A large scale live painting by The Mac and Retna and live digital painting by Andrew Jones of conceptart.org
- Art Gallery curated by Mike Russek, and Deborah Vogt featuring Ekundayo, L Crosky, Liz Brizzi, Luis Sanchez, John Park, Hans Haveron, Kofie One, Shrine, Julio Sanchez, Man One, Walt Hall, Chris Berg, Gareth Stehr, Jocelyn Marsh, Danni Shinya Luo, Izumi Yokoyama, Stefano Novelli, David Haskell, Spectr, Glenn Campbell, Ryan Wegner, Chris Leavens, Michael Pukac, Shira Loa, Brion Topolski, Ando Pndlian, Myong Kurily, Adam Mostow and Motion One
* Lightning in a Paintcan Project: Local artists will transform large mural panels set up throughout the event grounds, using 100% used and recycled paint, into art pieces to be auctioned off through a silent auction with the proceeds going to benefit Sonic Muze, a non-profit that provides underfunded schools with music instruments and art supplies.
* Live performances by Lucent Dossier Experience, The Yard Dogs Roadshow, Suddenly Dapper, as well as numerous fire dancers, circus acts, and general mayhem instigators
Don’t Miss Lucent L’Amour 2010 this Valentine’s Weekend!
Saturday, February 13, 2009
Shrine Expo Hall at USC
700 West 32nd St. Los Angeles, Ca 90007
8 pm - 4 am / 18+ only
Advanced Ticket: $65
Student Discount tickets @ http://lucentlamour.com/student